Is your child budding with enthusiasm for creating arts and crafts? The very young greatly benefit from visual arts! Our kids art classes are a wonderful way to introduce lessons to your children by style, process, culture, media and subjects. Keeping Art Through Crafts activities easy to understand offers children the ability to explore their creativity and have LOTS OF FUN!
Weekly Class Times:
- Saturday Morning - 9:30am - 11:00am
- Sunday Afternoon - 2:00pm - 3:30pm Class Full
Price & Session Options:
- Fall/Winter - September to January - $250
- Winter/Spring - February to June - $250
- Summer - July to August - $125
- Trial classes are available for $15 each, up to a maximum of two trial classes per student.
Registrations are accepted year-round and prorated pricing is available. A sibling discount of 10% is available for each additional child registered.
What Students will Learn
FUNdamentals of Art
- We teach children all about color, line, shape and texture through various lesson activities including drawing, painting and 2D / 3D modeling.
Communicating Through Art
- Our lessons will also encompass looking at past and present art, learning how to appreciate art and then we base projects on this understanding. Children inevitably look at the artwork of their peers and discuss it with each other, which encourages self-confidence as well as builds communication skills. Shy children blossom in the creative environment provided by VAB.
- Through learning, creating and discussion children learn to explore their own creativity and do so without boundaries. You can't believe what fabulous results we see every week!
- We also teach how art is found in other subject matters which is an important part of VAB's curriculum. Along with creating and exploring art, students learn that art and math go hand in hand through patterns, measurements, shapes, lines and even puzzles.
About the Instructors
Originally from Montreal, Colleen Dee is a BFA graduate in Fine Arts and Design where she spent 20 years in the Marketing and Advertising industry as an international Graphic Designer. In her more recent years, she has taught Art & Crafts these last 7 years to children and adults in Vietnam, Cambodia and Canada. Lately she has put aside her commercial skills to focus on her fine art roots. "I love creative expression in so many art forms and have always enjoyed working with different materials and mediums. I'm very active in the artisan arena with my many interests: paper mache, paper art, printmaking, sculpting and photo art as well as giving workshops. I enjoy giving talks about my international teaching experiences working with children and adults".
A former student at Visual Arts Brampton, Duaa has had a passion for visual arts all throughout her life. She recently graduated with honours from Sheridan College, earning an Ontario Certificate for Art Fundamentals. She plans on continuing at Sheridan College, pursuing art and design. Duaa has worked with children before, volunteering at local community centres and art camps.
We ask that students supply their own sketchbooks and drawing pencils. Any other materials required for the class will be provided by the instructor.
How to Register
Students must be enrolled into the proper age group. To enroll multiple students, add each student to the shopping cart separately. Sibling discounts for online registrations will be applied as a rebate after receipt of a completed registration form. For assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Register Online with PayPal
PayPal is an easy and secure way to pay online with your credit card.
Art Through Crafts
Policies & Procedures
By registering for this program, you agree that you have read and understand our Program Policies & Procedures.