We are always looking for talented artists to join our team of teachers for our kids, youth and teen programs. Come join us for:
- A dynamic learning environment
- A culturally diverse student base
- An opportunity to share your talents and skills
- Personal development to advance your career
We look for people who are enthusiastic with positive attitudes, fun creative leaders, and self-starters who want to share their love for the arts with the community.
As an Art Instructor you will be responsible for designing and facilitating your own art projects and lessons week by week. We have a curriculum that must be followed but how you teach the curriculum is up to you. When you join us as an Instructor you are required to be at your assigned classes. We are hiring immediately for Wednesday and/or Thursday evening classes, from 7pm-9pm, working with youth ages 9-12 years old. Regular availability during this time is a must.
- Design and facilitate art lessons based on the Visual Arts Brampton curriculum to the Art Exploration class.
- Follow procedures for purchasing supplies needed for each lesson; purchase supplies in advance of lesson.
- Take attendance at the beginning of every class; ensure appropriate documentation is completed for each student as needed (field trip permission forms, photo release forms, etc).
- Demonstrate patience and compassion with children.
- Follow up with parents on a regular basis about their child(ren)’s artistic growth and progress.
- Take photos of student work to showcase on our social media sites.
- Curate/promote designated youth exhibition space at Shoppers World Brampton.
- Maintain studio organization and cleaning, especially after each class.
- Criminal record check required if selected for the position.
- Portfolio required at interview.
- MUST have background in Visual Arts and previous experience working with children.
- Arts related degree or diploma preferred.
- Experience with a variety of art media.
- Experience working with children age 9-12
Job Type: Part-time
How to Apply