We are always looking for talented artists to join our team of teachers for our kids, youth and teen programs. Come join us for:
- A dynamic learning environment
- A culturally diverse student base
- An opportunity to share your talents and skills
- Personal development to advance your career
Role: YOUTH ART INSTRUCTOR
We look for people who are enthusiastic with positive attitudes, fun creative leaders, and self-starters who want to share their love for the arts with the community.
As a Youth Instructor you will be responsible for designing and facilitating your own art projects and lessons week by week. We have a curriculum that must be followed but how you teach the curriculum is up to you. This position requires regular work on weekends. When you join us as an Instructor you are required to be at your weekly classes. Additional hours and opportunities may be assigned if the instructor wishes.
- Design and facilitate art lessons based on the Visual Arts Brampton curriculum to youth class.
- Follow procedures for purchasing supplies needed for each lesson; purchase supplies in advance of lesson.
- Take attendance at the beginning of every class; ensure appropriate documentation is completed for each student as needed (field trip permission forms, photo release forms, etc).
- Demonstrate patience and compassion with youth.
- Follow up with parents on a regular basis about their child(ren)’s artistic growth and progress.
- Take photos of student work to showcase on our social media sites. - Curate/promote designated youth exhibition space at Shoppers World Brampton.
- Maintain studio organization and cleaning, especially after each class.
- Criminal record check & portfolio required.
- Must have background in Visual Arts and previous experience working with youth.
- Arts related degree or diploma preferred.
- Experience with a variety of art media.
**Experience relating to and working with youth ages 9-18 A MUST.
How to Apply