Visual Arts Brampton Policies & Procedures
Please read the following policies, before registering in Visual Arts Brampton (VAB) programming:
- Advanced registration is either recommended or required for all programs.
- Registration for programs are first-come first-serve, and classes have attendance caps.
- If a program reaches capacity, there is no guarantee that an additional session/more spaces will be made available.
- All programs will ask for payment in advance, to ensure that classes have the financial commitment to begin.
- Students are only registered in a program upon receipt of their payment.
- Classes are subject to cancellation (see below).
- Programs, prices, and instructors are subject to change without notice.
Withdrawals & Refunds
A withdrawal occurring less than one (1) week prior to the start of a program is subject to a 25% administration fee.
To be eligible for a full refund, the withdrawal must be requested at least one (1) week prior to the start of a program. Absence from the program does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
Fees for memberships, sessions and programs after the starting date or time are non-refundable.
Cancellation of Classes or Workshops
To ensure that we are able to run your preferred class, we recommend that you enroll at least two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the program.
If a program is cancelled due to low enrollment, registered students will be given one (1) week notice prior to the scheduled first class. A full refund will be given.
VAB reserves the right to cancel programs; in the event of cancellations prior to the beginning of a program, a full refund will be given. If a program is cancelled any time after the beginning, a prorated refund will be issued.
Transfers are subject to availability, and may only occur between classes within the same program. Transfers may only be authorized by the instructor(s) for the two classes in question.
Make Up Classes
VAB does not offer make-up classes for students who are absent from a scheduled class or workshop.
Auditing or sitting in on a program for any reason is not permitted. Proof of payment may be requested by the instructor(s) prior to the start of the program.
Trial classes (subject to availability) are limited to a maximum of two (2) classes per student. Registration for the program is required should the student wish to continue.
For workshops, every effort will be made to schedule make-up sessions, but they cannot be guaranteed.
VAB strives to provide a fun and safe environment to all our students. We have a zero tolerance policy for violence and bullying. Students who demonstrate violent, hateful or disrespectful behaviour are subject to removal from the program(s). A refund for the remainder of the program will be issued and is subject to a 25% administration fee.