From the beginning of this global pandemic, Visual Arts Brampton has prioritized the health and safety of our students, staff members and community. This chart summarizes the COVID-19 Policies and Procedures that have been put into place as we reopen our studio to the public. View our complete COVID-19 Policies and Procedures document or download this summary chart as a PDF.
|COVID-19 Policies & Procedures Summary
|Keeping Our Community Members Informed
- All participants will receive an information sheet outlining our COVID-19 policies and signage is installed at the studio to remind participants of these policies.
- Our COVID-19 policies will be constantly reviewed to ensure they are aligned with all current public health recommendations.
|COVID-19 Self Assessment & Symptoms
- Staff and participants are required to conduct a COVID-19 self assessment before visiting the studio. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 is asked to stay home.
- Staff and participants will be monitored for symptoms upon arrival at the studio and during studio activities.
- Procedures are in place for isolating and removing individuals who are showing symptoms.
- Sick leave policies are in place for to support staff that feel unwell and are unable to work.
- Students who are self-isolating at home can attend their class online.
|Hand & Respiratory Hygiene
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer stations are available at the studio entrance and in each classroom.
- Participants and staff are required to sanitize their hands before entering and leaving the studio.
- Proper hand hygiene and washing techniques will be reinforced. Staff and participants will be required to wash their hands frequently.
- Proper respiratory etiquette such as coughing and sneezing into elbows and avoiding touching of the face will be reinforced.
- Per the City of Brampton by-law, all staff and participants must wear a non-medical mask that covers their nose, mouth and chin without gaps at all times while inside the studio.
- Participants who are unable to wear a mask due to medical reasons are encouraged to register for our online programs.
|Practicing Physical Distancing
- Studio capacity has been reduced by 60% to support physical distancing in all classroom spaces.
- Classroom spaces have been rearranged to ensure participants and staff are seated a minimum of two meters apart.
- In-person make-up and trial classes have been suspended to support cohorting of classes.
- Common areas have been closed where physical distancing may be difficult.
- Physical distancing guide markers and directional arrows will be used for lining up at the studio entrance.
- For most programs, separate doors for entering and exiting the studio will be used.
- Parents are asked to remain outside when picking up and dropping off their child.
- Studio staff will conduct regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces.
- Classroom surfaces and touch points will be cleaned and disinfected after each class.
- Only approved disinfects that have a Drug Identification Number (DIN) will be used.
- Program schedules have been adjusted to allow for more cleaning time between classes.
|Programs and Registration
- Only participants who have registered for a program may enter the studio. Non-registered participants, guests or visitors will not be allowed entry.
- Advanced online registration and payment is required for all programs. Cash and cheque payments will not be accepted at this time.
- Due to reduced studio capacity, drop-in sessions such as Open Studio and Life Drawing will require advanced registration.
|"No Sharing" Policy
- We are enforcing a "no sharing" policy to support reducing virus transmission between students and staff. This policy includes the sharing of art materials and tools.
- Students enrolled in our Art Exploration, Art Fundamentals, and Art Refined classes will be supplied with a personal set of materials to bring to each class.
- All other participants will be required to provide their own materials and tools.