Visual Arts Brampton is excited to present the Snail Mail World Postcard Art Show! Creative people from all corners of the world are invited to mail in postcard size 4x6 inch original artworks to be displayed on our Instagram page, in our galleries and for judging in our annual competition.
Originally started in 1999 as the "Great Canadian Mail Art Show", the show was expanded to its current postcard art format in 2003. Since its inception, well over 2,000 entries have been received from all corners of the globe. The show was re-launched in 2016 as a part of Visual Arts Brampton's 30th anniversary.
Show us your art and participate in the biggest international postcard art show in the world!
Creating Your Postcard
Create your standard size postcards (4-by-6-inch) out of any mailable material.
- Entries may be of any medium and of any subject matter.
- Entries must be the entrant's own original artwork, or reproduction of the entrant's original artwork.
- On the back of your postcard, include your name, email, country of residence, title of the artwork, entry category for judging and age (if under 18 years old). Medium details and description of the work are optional. Links to your website, Instagram and Facebook are recommended.
- Entries should be sent as a postcard or in an envelope; all mailing arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the submitting entrant.
- Submitted postcards will not be returned and will remain the property of the Snail Mail World Postcard Art Show
Sample Postcard Back
Snail Mail Central
c/o Visual Arts Brampton
1 Bartley Bull Parkway, Suite 10
You may submit as many entries as you wish to. All entries will be judged independently of each other and not as a body or collection of works. Entries arriving after the due date will be considered in the following year's Snail Mail show. Entries must arrive at Snail Mail Central by Wednesday October 31, 2018 to be considered for this year's judging.
Only the front panel of the postcard will be judged. If both sides of the postcard have artwork, judges and curators will use their discretion to pick what they think is the best side. Entries containing offensive and/or sensitive material will be omitted.
- Digital Art
- Mixed Media
- Youth (under 18 years old)
Entries will be judged by our panel of artists and curators and one postcard from each category will be selected for the Best in Category award. Entries will also be placed on our website during the judging period to be voted on by the general public for the People's Choice Award.
The winning entries from Best in Category and the People's Choice Award will then be judged to select the top three for the Best in Show category.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries from the Best in Show. The prizes are as follows:
- First Place: $100 CDN
- Second Place: $75 CDN
- Third Place: $25 CDN
By submitting postcard artwork to the Snail Mail World Postcard Art Show owned by Visual Arts Brampton, you grant Visual Arts Brampton a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute for the sole purposes of promoting Snail Mail World Postcard Art Show, including incorporating it in other promotional compilation works in any media. Visual Arts Brampton will not be responsible for any works lost or damaged in transit. No image from this site may be used for any purpose without expressed written authorization.