This Acrylic: Beyond the Basics 2 class will be structured to encourage students to work on two subject matters of their choice.
While technique will remain an important aspect in this class, emphasis will be placed on experimentation, building personal style and colour sense, choosing subject matter, and open in-class discussions about work produced.
This course is not suitable for beginners, instruction is designed for those who have some previous experience with acrylic painting.
Details & Registration
Dates: Thursday - November 18 to December 23, 2021 Class Full
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Price: $130 Non-Members, $117 with a membership
Materials: Additional Purchase Required - See Materials List
Skill Level: Beginner
What Students will Learn
- What is acrylic paint, it's properties and mediums. Colour study will be discussed.
- Underpainting like the masters, glazing to Impasto
- Applying with brush and palette knives
- Applying different techniques in one
About the Instructor
Stephanie Schirm began her career as a fashion designer, studying in Europe. While designing in the Toronto fashion district, she also created a number of fashion illustrations for catalogues, storyboards, and advertisements for current Canadian Designers.
She eventually left the fashion industry to become a graduate of OCAD in Communication and Design. Only then to enter the Liturgical world of Design, where she established Labyrinth Studios Inc, designing and manufacturing religious garments and sanctuary décor for Churches across Canada and the US.
Her passion for drawing, painting and designing lead her to sharing her knowledge, over 10 years ago with the Continuing Education in Guelph and as Fashion Illustration instructor for Mohawk College in Hamilton. Since then she has taught in a number of different establishments thorough out the GTA area.
- Canvas boards no larger than 16x20 (2 boards)
- Disposable paint palette or plate
- Two water containers
- Rags or paper towel
- Soft Synthetic or Bristol brushes, round, flat and filbert
- Palette Knives
- Acrylic Polymer Medium (gloss or semigloss)
- Modelling Gel
- Small Container of Gesso (White)
- Acrylic paint in the following colours
- Cadmium red
- Medium yellow
- Ultra-Marine blue
- Titanium white
- Mars black
- And any other colours you have or like