The workshop systematically demystifies the visual and technical components of Digital Photography enabling you to improve and develop a creative visual expression. It allows you to really improve your image making skills through a very interactive exchange coupled with regular feedback through exercises and picture reviews.
Details & Registration
Dates: Monday Evenings - May 3 to June 7, 2021 (No Class May 24)
Time: 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Price: $180 for non-members, $162 with a membership
Materials: See Materials List
Skill Level: Beginner
Special Note: This workshop is online. Students will need access to a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet and have downloaded the Zoom app before class begins.
What Students will Learn
- Introduction to Photography, Camera Configuration, Focus, and Shooting Modes.
- The Exposure Triangle, White Balance, and File Types
- The Nature, Direction, and Quality of Light
- Improving Composition through Elements of Visual Language
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and Exposure.
About the Instructor
Joginder Singh, trained in Architecture, specializes in architectural photography. Having honed his eye for detail allows him to create exacting compositions capturing the essence of space. With several commissioned publications to his credit, he takes out time to create fine art photographic works. A very hands-on person, he has been teaching photography for many years. He encourages the process in a rather informal and playful manner leading to an enhanced understanding. www.jogisingh.com
Students are asked to bring to each class:
- A digital SLR or mirrorless camera that allows use in manual mode