Join Artist Zan Barrage Tuesday evenings for his engaging art-focused lecture series Finding Your Voice as an Artist. Each week, Zan will provide a 60 to 90 minute presentation that will tackle a specific subject. The ultimate goal of this lecture series is to help artists find their voice, and express their true self through the creative process. Zan will be available for a question and answer period at the end of each session.
Details & Registration
Subjects & Dates:
- June 2, 2020 - Designing a Painting with Purpose
- June 9, 2020 - Winslow Homer: The Art of Story Telling, Narrative in Paintings
- June 16, 2020 - Andrew Wyeth: At the Edge of Composition
- June 23, 2020 - Colour Choices for Mood and Atmosphere
- June 30, 2020 - Poets Not Reporters - Finding Your Individual Expression in a Reference
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Price: $12 each session or $55 for all five
Special Note: This program is online. Students will need access to a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet and have downloaded the Zoom app before class begins.
About Zan Barrage
A classically trained artist, Zan is the recipient of several awards for plein air painting in Ontario. He is the founder and past president of Ontario Plein Air Society, a group of Ontario painters dedicated to painting the Canadian landscape from life.
I paint because I fall in love with a moment. Sometimes I capture it successfully, and other times, too many times, I fail. I am proud to say that my artwork has seeped into private collections from Australia through Europe to North America. I cherish all my collectors and value their choice to own my artwork. In a way, a work of art is not whole.