Nothing beats putting that perfect gift into a hand-crafted festive bag of your own creation! Join professional Mixed Media artist Stephanie Schirm to learn how to transform an ordinary paper bag into a gift giving masterpiece. Two gift bags will be completed in this three-hour class.
Materials are included for students attending in-person. Online students may choose to pick up a material kit before the class at our studio on Saturday, December 11 between 9am-3pm. Online students who are unable to pick up a material kit may provide their own and attend the class at a reduced rate.
Details & Registration
In-Person / Online Class
- In-Person - Monday - December 13, 2021
- Online - Monday - December 13, 2021
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- With Supplies: $95 for non-members, $85 with a membership
- Without Supplies: $85 for non-members, $76 with a membership
Materials: Included - See Materials List
Skill Level: All Skill Levels
About the Instructor
Stephanie Schirm began her career as a fashion designer, studying in Europe. While designing in the Toronto fashion district, she also created a number of fashion illustrations for catalogues, storyboards, and advertisements for current Canadian Designers.
She eventually left the fashion industry to become a graduate of OCAD in Communication and Design. Only then to enter the Liturgical world of Design, where she established Labyrinth Studios Inc, designing and manufacturing religious garments and sanctuary décor for Churches across Canada and the US.
Her passion for drawing, painting and designing lead her to sharing her knowledge, over 10 years ago with the Continuing Education in Guelph and as Fashion Illustration instructor for Mohawk College in Hamilton. Since then she has taught in a number of different establishments thorough out the GTA area.
For online students providing their own materials, please have available:
- Glue Gun
- Two brown paper bags 8" x 10" or 9" x 12"
- A variety of papers
- Tissue paper with holiday patterns
- Wrapping paper
- Plain tissue paper
- Two fun foam sheets cut to 4" x 6"
- Two card board cut to 4" x 6"
- One glue brush (bristle brush)
- One small bottle of white glue
- Two 8" x 10" or 9" x 12" bristol paper white
- Double sided tape
- Any other small items you can glue down