Suitable whether you are an absolute beginner or would like a refresher. Learn the essential techniques you need to paint confidently with Acrylics! Starting with the anatomy of acrylic paint, weekly projects will explore the innovative possibilities of this modern medium.
All techniques will be carefully demonstrated, using photo reference, and explained in an easy-to-follow step-by-step format.
Details & Registration
- In-Person - Friday - October 1 to November 5, 2021 Limited Space
- Online - Friday - October 1 to November 5, 2021
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Price: $130 Non-Members, $117 with a membership
Materials: Additional Purchase Required - See Materials List
Skill Level: Beginner
Note: This class is offered with your choice of in-person or online instruction. Instruction will be provided in-person and online simultaneously.
What Students will Learn
- What is acrylic paint, it's properties and mediums.
- Colour Theory and mixing
- Understanding out to create form with light and Shadow
- Underpainting (monochromatic) to create a good base
- Glazing in colour
About the Instructor
Stephanie Schirm began her career as a fashion designer, studying in Europe. While designing in the Toronto fashion district, she also created a number of fashion illustrations for catalogues, storyboards, and advertisements for current Canadian Designers.
She eventually left the fashion industry to become a graduate of OCAD in Communication and Design. Only then to enter the Liturgical world of Design, where she established Labyrinth Studios Inc, designing and manufacturing religious garments and sanctuary décor for Churches across Canada and the US.
Her passion for drawing, painting and designing lead her to sharing her knowledge, over 10 years ago with the Continuing Education in Guelph and as Fashion Illustration instructor for Mohawk College in Hamilton. Since then she has taught in a number of different establishments thorough out the GTA area.
- Canvas boards no smaller than 8x10 (3 boards)
- Pencil and eraser
- Disposable paint palette or plate
- Two water containers
- Rags or paper towel
- Soft Synthetic brushes, round, flat and filbert
- Polymer medium (gloss or semigloss) or Glazing Medium
- Acrylic paint in the following colours
- Cadmium red
- Ruby red
- Medium yellow
- Hooker green
- Ultra-Marine blue
- Cerulean blue or cobalt blue
- Titanium white
- Mars black