Taking you outside of the traditional portraiture box, you will discover a colourful, expressive and efficient way to create a different kind of portrait. Using an array of materials from paint to drawing, from patterns to line, while learning to successfully work from photographs.
Students will be completing five different types of mixed media portraits through out the workshop.
Dates: Monday Afternoons - March 23 to April 6, 2020 (No Class April 13)
Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Price: $175 for non-members, $160 with a membership
Materials: Additional Purchase Required - See Materials List
Skill Level: All Skill Levels
Registration Deadline: Monday March 16, 2020
What Students will Learn
- How to think outside of the traditional portrait
- Use an array of materials to create an expressive, colourful portrait
- Learn to work from reference photographs
About the Instructor
Stephanie Schirm began her career as a fashion designer, studying in Europe. While designing in the Toronto fashion district, she also created a number of fashion illustrations for catalogues, storyboards, and advertisements for current Canadian Designers.
She eventually left the fashion industry to become a graduate of OCAD in Communication and Design. Only then to enter the Liturgical world of Design, where she established Labyrinth Studios Inc, designing and manufacturing religious garments and sanctuary décor for Churches across Canada and the US.
Her passion for drawing, painting and designing lead her to sharing her knowledge, over 10 years ago with the Continuing Education in Guelph and as Fashion Illustration instructor for Mohawk College in Hamilton. Since then she has taught in a number of different establishments thorough out the GTA area.
- Heavy Paper or canvas board – 9"x 12" or 16"x 20"
- Watercolour paper - 9"x 12" or 16"x 20"
- Watercolour paint – brushes – palettes
- Acrylic paints - paint colour palettes (what ever you have) plus black and white
- Assortment of brushes for acrylic
- Gel medium
- Clear gesso
- Conte sticks or conte pencils
- Black fine tip and medium tip Pen
- Assorted papers – newspaper, magazine, tissue, decorative
Advanced registration is recommended for workshops. Registration closes Monday March 16, 2020.
For assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Register Online with PayPal
PayPal is an easy and secure way to pay online with your credit card. A PayPal account is not required.
The Mixed Media Portrait