Still life and flowers will be the subject of this unique watercolor workshop. All skill levels are welcome.
Learn to develop depth, color harmony and loose and expressive still life paintings from an international master watercolor artist.
Every week we will explore a new design and a new subject we will start with simple compositions and expand weekly towards a complex design that challenges all.
This four-week workshop will be run in watercolors, but artists using other mediums who wish to join and develop skills unrelated to medium are welcome. We will be doing a lot of work on design, composition, developing depth, color choices, bringing out the light, drawing skills and other related skills.
Dates & Times:
- Wednesday Mornings - February 5 to 26, 2020 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday Evenings - March 6 to 27, 2020 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Mornings - April 1 to 22, 2020 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday Evenings - May 8 to 29, 2020 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Mornings - June 3 to 24, 2020 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Price: $160 for non-members, $145 with a membership.
Materials: Additional Purchase Required - Download the Materials List
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Registration Deadline: One week before the selected date
What Students will Learn
Sessions will allow the student to:
- Design and compose a still life painting
- Develop depth and colour harmony in your painting
- Use light and shadow to bring your painting to life
- Learn to express yourself with confidence and flare
About the Instructor
A classically trained artist, Zan is the recipient of several awards for plein air painting in Ontario. He is the founder and past president of Ontario Plein Air Society, a group of Ontario painters dedicated to painting the Canadian landscape from life.
I paint because I fall in love with a moment. Sometimes I capture it successfully, and other times, too many times, I fail. I am proud to say that my artwork has seeped into private collections from Australia through Europe to North America. I cherish all my collectors and value their choice to own my artwork. In a way, a work of art is not whole.
Advanced registration is recommended for workshops. Registration closes one week before the selected date.
For assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Register Online with PayPal
PayPal is an easy and secure way to pay online with your credit card. A PayPal account is not required.
Still Life in Watercolour