This workshop will show those new to art programs (such as Photoshop) how to scan & edit traditional artwork to print & share, and how to integrate digital applications back into traditional art.
Students will learn how to use Digital Art Programs as a tool in traditional art. They will learn the basics to scan traditional artwork; clean, adjust, colour correct and enhance the artwork for use in future applications (post online, print, etc); come to understand resolution, file types, digital tools & terminology; and they will learn how to bring their new-found digital skills back into their traditional workflow. Quickly adjust sketches & thumbnails, try out hundreds of colour schemes or compositions in a fraction of time, create mixed-media work, and more.
Dates: Monday Evenings - October 21 to November 18, 2019
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Price: $125 Non-Members, $115 with a membership
Skill Level: Beginner
Registration Deadline: Monday October 14, 2019
What Students will Learn
- How to scan traditional artwork into digital art programs
- How to clean, adjust, colour correct and enhance artwork
- How to understand resolution, file types, digital tools and terminology
- How to incorporate the digital skills into their traditional workflow
About the Instructor
Stephanie attended Visual Arts Brampton in her teens, earning two youth awards. After graduating from the University of Guelph with a Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Studio Art and Art History, she returned to VAB as an adult member, board member and occasional instructor. She has exhibited artwork in the Zavitz Gallery at the U of G, the Rose Theatre, Artway Gallery, and the CNE. Stephanie currently works in graphic design and print in Brampton.
Students are asked to bring:
- A completed art piece, flat & no larger than 8.5" x 11" for the second session. If you cannot bring one, a sample work will be provided to you.
- A notebook, pen, and USB drive are all optional, but may come in handy.
Registration for this workshop has now closed. Please check back for future dates.