Join us as we explore painting every day elements in watercolour and adding them to paintings that are loose, alive and full of colour and joy. We will cover:
- Water (Lakes and Oceans)
- Mist and Fog
- Skies and Clouds
- Trees and Forests
- People in the Landscape
This class welcomes all levels and Zan will work with students individually to challenge and build up your skills and grown as an artist.
Come learn with International Watercolour Society Master Artist Zan Barrage. His easy to follow approach and fun filled classes will keep you engaged and loving the time you spend painting. With more than 30 years of watercolour experience and world-class teaching, you will learn from one of the best watercolour teachers in the GTA!
Details & Registration
Date: Friday - July 10, 2020 - August 14, 2020
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Price: $135 for non-members, $125 with a membership
Materials: Additional Purchase Required - See the Materials List
Skill Level: Beginner
Special Note: This workshop is online. Students will need access to a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet and have downloaded the Zoom app before class begins.
About the Instructor
A classically trained artist, Zan is the recipient of several awards for plein air painting in Ontario. He is the founder and past president of Ontario Plein Air Society, a group of Ontario painters dedicated to painting the Canadian landscape from life.
I paint because I fall in love with a moment. Sometimes I capture it successfully, and other times, too many times, I fail. I am proud to say that my artwork has seeped into private collections from Australia through Europe to North America. I cherish all my collectors and value their choice to own my artwork. In a way, a work of art is not whole.
Watercolours (Professional Grade Paints are Preferred).
- Must have colours:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red (or equivalent warm red)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo (or Windsor Blue)
- Lemon Yellow
- Indian Yellow (Or new Gamboge)
- Round synthetic watercolour brush size 10-14
- Squirrel or camel hair brush large size for washes
- Rigger or dagger brush
- Arches or Fabriano 100% cotton paper or pad (NOT BLOCK They are too expensive)
- Practice (cheaper) non cotton watercolor pad – any will do
- If you have a palette with plenty of mixing space that will work. If not, we will need to work with white ceramic plates of serving plates that you might have at home
- We will work at an angle of around 24 degrees so make sure you have a board or something that you can tape your paper to and have at an angle
- Masking tape or painters tape
- A smile