Ready for some artful summer fun?
In our "Artists from Around the World" Online Summer Camp, campers will discover various artists and art movements from ancient to contemporary and from cultures from around the world.
Our Summer Art Camp will be a little different this year since we are not able to hold it in person. But the fun and creativity are still there! We will meet online every day and create two fun and original art creations, with painting, drawing and safe clay projects – with breaks and some fun and games.
Learn more about our summer online camp.
Ages: 6-12 Years
- Week 1 - July 5 to 9, 2021
- Week 2 - July 12 to 16, 2021
- Week 3 - July 19 to 23, 2021
- Week 4 - July 26 to 30, 2021
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Price Per Week: $110
Art Kit: $50 - Required one-time purchase. This kit contains quality art supplies for all six weeks.
Discounts: A sibling discount of 10% is available for each additional child registered. Enter coupon SIBLING at the checkout.
Special Note: This camp is online. Students will need access to a computer, laptop, Smartphone or tablet and have downloaded the Zoom app before camp begins. Please refer to our Online Programs - Frequently Asked Questions.
Early registration is appreciated.
[My Son] loved the time he spent this week on creating new projects. He woke up early and he looked forward to his day. I usually need to wake him up and force him to sign in for school. Thank you for organizing this Zoom camp class during this week!
How does Online Art Camp work?
- Registered campers will sign on to a daily Zoom session to participate in daily online art activities.
- Daily sessions will start promptly at 9:00 am and end at 12:00pm.
- Each weekly camp will have its own individual Zoom link (Sent in the week prior to camp)
What will I be doing at camp?
- Participants will create 1-2 new artworks each day using different techniques and mediums, such as drawing, painting, or mixed media work.
Do I need to purchase my own art supplies separately?
- The Art Kit is a required one-time purchase. This means that once purchased, you only pay the camp fee for any additional weeks. For example: If you register for one week, you pay: $110 + $50 = $160. If you register for two weeks, you pay: $220 + $50 = $270.
- This Art Kit contains specific non-toxic, quality supplies needed for every project: painting, drawing, collaging and sculpting. All paint and drawing supplies are full-size, art-store quality and will last well beyond camp.
- Art Camp Kits will be available for pick-up at our studio location after registration. A delivery option is available in the GTA for an extra fee.
Do I need any special equipment to participate in Art Camp?
- Since this is an online camp, participants will need access to a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone, with a working camera and microphone.
- Participants will need to have the free Zoom app downloaded and ready to use before class begins.
- Participants will need a dedicated space at home to work on art projects daily.
- Participants are asked to have paper towels and water containers for painting ready for use
Online Art Camp Gallery: Once camp is over, campers will celebrate a fun week of artmaking and exploration with an online gallery of their work on our website.
The number of participants will be limited so that everyone can get individual attention. Parental supervision is of course welcome, but not necessary for our young campers to participate. All participants will be asked to respect art camp rules of behaviour throughout the duration of the camp, such as respectful interaction with everyone and keeping their camera on while in session.
Online sessions will be led by Rima Koleilat or Yasmine Barrage.
About the Instructors
Rima has been making art for as long as she has been able to hold a pencil and she loves to work with different mediums. Artmaking is pure happiness and Rima wants her students to nurture their own creative voice and find their own brand of joy. Rima offers art workshops for budding and practiced artists of all ages and abilities at her home studio and other locations. Rima's workshops are available both in English and French. You can find out more at Art Just for Me.
Raised in a family of artists, Yasmine has been surrounded by art her whole life. She loves to experiment with new mediums and letting her creativity run free. After volunteering and working in several art programs, Yasmine discovered how much she love teaching art for kids. As an Honours Psychology major at York University, she hopes to merge her love for art and psychology as a future career. Yasmine hopes to spark creativity in her students and help them grow as young artists with fun and enriching lessons.