Ready for some artful summer fun? Sign up for our full-day Summer Art Camp to take a journey around the world through art.
In our "Artists from Around the World" summer camp, students will discover various artists and art movements from ancient to contemporary eras and cultures from around the world – from the Americas to Asia and Africa, passing through Europe and Oceana.
Every week will feature a new theme to be explored through a variety of artistic and fun activities designed to develop creativity and imagination (painting, drawing, mixed media, games and creative crafts).
Students will take home two different spring-inspired artworks and one craft daily – all skill levels are welcome!
Outdoor play is also on the schedule – remember to dress appropriately for the weather!
Ages: 6-12 Years
- Week 1 - July 2 to 5, 2019 Week Full
- Week 2 - July 8 to 12, 2019 Week Full
- Week 3 - July 15 to 19, 2019 Week Full
- Week 4 - July 22 to 26, 2019
- Week 5 - July 29 to August 2, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Week 1 - $195
- Week 2, 3, 4 or 5 - $240 (Per Week)
Extended Care Options:
- Morning 8:00am - 9:00am - $25
- Evening 4:00pm - 5:30pm - $45
- Morning & Evening - $60
Skill Level: Beginners
Registration Deadline: Sunday July 21, 2019
A sibling discount of 10% is available for each additional child registered.
- 8:00am - 9:00am - Morning Extended Care
- 9:00am - 9:30am - Settling in: Free drawing time or themed-related colouring pages
- 9:30am - 10:15am - Create first artwork of the day: Painting, drawing, printmaking or mixed media
- 10:15am - 10:30am - Snack
- 10:30am - 12:00pm - Outdoor play
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm - Lunch
- 12:30pm - 1:15pm - Create second artwork of the day: Painting, drawing, printmaking or mixed media
- 1:15pm - 1:30pm - Stretch, free activity and socialize in the studio
- 1:30pm - 2:15pm - Art related game
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm - Art related craft
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm - Snack
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm - Free drawing time or themed-related colouring pages
- 4:00pm - End of camp day / parent pick-up
- 4:00pm - 5:30pm - Evening Extended Care
WHAT TO BRING
Students should bring with them:
- A sketchbook
- A water bottle, two light nut-free snacks, and a lunch
- Students should "dress for a mess" - many of the art supplies used may not wash out
- Sunhat and sunscreen is a must
- Optional: Students can bring a favourite game, activity or book to use during breaks. No Fidget Spinners please.
About the Instructor
I have been making art for as long as I have been able to hold a pencil and I love to work with different mediums. Artmaking is pure happiness and I want my students to nurture their own creative voice and find their own brand of joy. I offer art workshops for budding and practiced artists of all ages and abilities at my home studio and other locations. My workshops are available both in English and French. You can find me at Art Just for Me.
How to Register
To enroll more than one student or in multiple weeks, add each student or week to the shopping cart separately. Sibling discounts for online registrations will be applied as a rebate after the transaction is complete.
Advanced registration is recommended for camps. Registration closes Sunday July 21, 2019.
For assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Register Online with PayPal
PayPal is an easy and secure way to pay online with your credit card. A PayPal account is not required.
Summer Camp - Week 3, 4 or 5 - $240