Visual Arts Brampton has a long-standing tradition of supporting an inclusive community, fostering and encouraging creativity in artists of all ages.

Art Forward is a program that accepts donations of new and gently used art materials from the community. Visual Arts Brampton then partners with local social service organizations to distribute the materials to art-loving individuals and families that may face barriers in accessing them. Donated materials are arranged and packaged into kits that will best serve the recipient.

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

How to Donate MaterialsGive a Monetary Donation

What materials can be donated?

Art Forward accepts all new and gently used art materials, including but not limited to:

  • Drawing Materials (Pencils, Coloured Pencils, Pens, Markers, Erasers, Sharpeners)
  • Dry Media (Oil Pastel, Chalk Pastel)
  • Paper (Drawing Pads, Sketchbooks, Newsprint, Printer Paper)
  • Painting Supplies (Paint Brushes, Watercolour Pans, Unopened/Sealed Acrylic Paints & Oil Paints)
  • Canvases (Stretched Canvases, Canvas Board)
  • Crafting (Yarn, Scrapbooking, Woodcraft, Floral, Modeling Clay, etc.)
  • Art Related Books and Resources

What materials do you not accept?

We are unable to accept the following materials:

  • Open containers of paint or any other liquids
  • Solvents or aerosol cans
  • Used canvases or paper
  • Artwork

How do I donate materials?

Materials can be dropped off in-person at our studio during our regular office hours. Please call ahead to confirm hours and staff availability. A map with directions to our studio can be found here.

Can I make a monetary donation?

We accept gift cards to local art retailers and/or monetary donations, which can be made online using the button above.

Can I receive a tax receipt for my donation?

Visual Arts Brampton/Art Forward is unable to provide tax receipts for material or monetary donations.

Who do the art material donations help?

Donations will help artists and families who may face barriers that prevent them from accessing materials.

I am a social service or community organization who has an individual or family who could use art supplies. How do I partner with you?

Social service and community organizations may contact us for more information on receiving art material donations.  We will work with your organization to provide art material kits based on your individual requirements.

I am an individual who could use art supplies. Can I receive donations from Art Forward?

Art Forward works with local social service and community organizations to assess the need for and distribute donated supplies. Individuals may contact a local organization for assistance.