As a not-for-profit organization, Visual Arts Brampton would not exist without our team of dedicated volunteers. From hanging artwork in exhibit spaces to strategic planning, volunteers are the backbone of Visual Arts Brampton. While we are a visual arts organization we do not require our volunteers to have visual arts knowledge. Whether you are a teen looking to develop your skills or a professional looking to donate your expertise and experience, we’d love to hear from you!
Why volunteer with us?
- Get insight on what it’s like to work in visual arts, education and business related fields.
- Gain valuable hands-on work experience and add to your resume
- Stay inspired and creative in your own artistic pursuits
- Increase your self-confidence, self-esteem and motivation
- Be involved and connect with your community
- Complete community service hours for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Meet awesome people that also love the arts
- HAVE FUN!!
What can volunteers do?
- Be a VAB ambassador for festivals and events: manage a promotional table, run art activities
- Assist with set-up and take-down of artwork in our gallery spaces at the studio and at Shoppers World Brampton Mall
- Assist instructors with teaching visual art techniques and classroom management
- Cleaning and organizing the studio space and art materials: reference books, still life objects
- ... and more!
All of our volunteers will be invited to join us at our annual appreciation and awards ceremony.
Apply to be a Volunteer
We warmly invite you to complete the form below if you are interested in supporting Visual Arts Brampton as a volunteer. Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, only those selected for a volunteer position will be contacted. Volunteer applicants over the age of 18 will be required to submit a recent Vulnerable Sector Check.